Re: biarch crosstool? (was: (cross) compiler question)

Ryan.Oliver@pha.com.au wrote:
Crosstool doesn't yet support -m32/-m64; you would have to
generate two separate toolchains for that. But check the recent
archives,

Not two separate toolchains, just two sets of c-library builds, creating
stub headers for the kernel headers (except on mips) and enabling
multilib.

You also may need to massage the genscripts.sh
script in binutils to get appropriate linker script search paths.

Oh, and for the 32bit glibc HOST=`echo $HOST | sed 's@x86_64@i686@g'

Would have sent a patch to crosstool to do this, but it would be
invasive... I currently loop over the glibc builds as many times as
required with different compiler and configure options...
(twice for ppc64,x86_64 and sparc64, three times for mips)

If you want I could supply a crosstool-biarch.sh sister script
if you are interested that would remain linear (though the stub header
creation would probably need to go in a separate script).

Yes, please.

Thanks,
Dan