Re: (no subject)

yann.morin.1998@free.fr wrote:
Mr Kegel,

I've been successfully using your (latest) crosstool to build
an ARM IXP425 big endian (armv5b-xscale-linux-gnu) toolchain
running on i686.

As a (very) small contribution, here's a patch I made against
crosstool-0.35:
  - user can define a SILENT variable which disable ll the 'set -x';
  - previous build is removed in the background;
  - make failures are caught with an abort.

Thanks! Please post it to the crossgcc mailing list, too, so others can use it while I'm offline.

At some point, I swear I'm going to put a uniform prefix
on all the environment variables crosstool uses.  Care
to change that to CROSSTOOL_SILENT, or does that seem too verbose?
Maybe CT_SILENT?

I'll be tweaking crosstool to accept a program prefix different than
the target triplet (it's quite boring to type armv5b-xscale-linux-gnu-gcc
each time), allowing programs to be named with shorter names. As of now,
adding --program-prefix=xxx in binutils, gcc and glibc _EXTRA_CONFIG fails
due to the test that is done later on the presence of the built files.

Seems like a fine idea. Note that this will cause some regression tests to fail (binutils?), since they rely on the long names, so you need to abort if this option is set and the --notest option isn't given.

PS. Sorry if you find me intruding, please tell me.

Not at all! - Dan