trouble with fix-embedded-paths

Hi, crossgcc folks,

I'm working with the unslung project (www.nslu2-linux.org) providing
open source firmware and packages for the Linksys nslu2 device.

I'm using crosstool 0.32 to build a native toolchain for use on the
nslu2, and it works nicely, except that I can't get fix-embedded-paths
feature to remove build-time paths from our binaries without breaking
them.

I start by making a complete toolchain with PREFIX=<BUILD>/opt/armeb
(here <BUILD> abbreviates a very long path). The resulting binaries work
fine, except that they contain hardwired instances of <BUILD>, and
(e.g.) search them for includes at runtime.

So, I run "fix-embedded-paths <BUILD>/opt/armeb /opt/armeb
<BUILD>/opt/armeb"

After that, the binaries don't contain any instances of <BUILD> anymore,
but they do have a tendency to segfault and ICE.  Also the following
sort of thing can be seen:

Before fix-embedded-paths has been run, cc1 --version reports:
GNU C version 3.3.5 (armv5b-softfloat-linux)

After fix-embedded-paths has been run, cc1 --version reports:
GNU C version 3.3.5 (                       )

Anyone else seen this sort of problem?

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department