Re: glibc-2.3.5 addon for ColdFire trouble using crosstool

>> The rest of the system works fine (nfs, ps, bash, etc), so I'm
>> assuming my problem is pthread specific and has nothing to do with
>> dynamic linking.
>
>Heh.  Give static linking a try anyway, at least for some
>pthreads program.  You might also consider running the
>glibc test suite, who knows, maybe it'll help track the
>problem down.

I'll give it a whirl to see how big the smoking hole is :)

>> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
>
>Is that packet error repeatable?  I wonder if there's a protocol error.

I've seen it a few times.

>> Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
>> Reply contains invalid hex digit 113
>
>protocol error again...
>
>Which gdb/gdbserver are you using?  It seems to be a bit buggy?

Its an old one, binary shipped a part of the BSP.  I've hacked
together a gdbserver from 6.3, and it seems to work about the
same. I'll have to go bacn and look again just to be sure.

Perhaps you might want to think about adding a build of gdb and for
those targets that can, a gdbserver... It would come in real handy...

>You may get to use printf debugging at this point :-)

That's the problem, the first printf doesn't even come out :)

I'm trying to rebuild the ehtire toolchain tossing in '-g' since it
doesn't seem that crosstool adds it in by default for the build of
glibc...

--
Peter Barada
peter@the-baradas.com