Re: progress towards mipsel glibc-2.3.5

Steven J. Hill wrote:
* gcc was compiled with --disable-shared, and glibc-2.3.5's Makeconfig
tries to link with -lgcc_eh, which does not exist on a non-shared gcc
build (doesn't work to try --enable-shared, don't bother...).  I had to
comment Makeconfig lines 506 and 511 to remove the reference to
libgcc_eh (there was some attempt in this file to workaround the fact
that it could be missing, but it fails since the check in configure
tries to link with libgcc_s.so during the process (DOH!)

I think the way to address this is to apply patches/glibc-2.3.4/make-install-lib-all.patch Then the lgcc_eh problems go away (assuming you have a recent crosstools).

I may have a proper patch to glibc that does not require any interaction
from the crosstools script and I am testing that right now. I will let
you know how it goes.

Remember, it has to work for nptl, too. I think the way crosstool.sh is doing it now (when make-install-lib-all.patch is applied) is right : don't build the apps until the final gcc is ready. What don't you like about that? - Dan