Re: building for mips target glibc-headers target

Arno Schuring wrote:
Any 2.6.x kernel really. If you would have used gcc-3.3.x you could also have built a linux-2.4.x kernel with the same toolchain. Building the kernel is not the greatest issue. But (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) the programs you compile with this toolchain will not run under a 2.4 kernel. The libc version and kernel headers version mainly affect on what system(s) your programs will run, not what you can or cannot compile with it.

I have one report saying that toolchains built with the sanitized 2.6 headers produce binaries that work *better* on 2.4 kernels than do binaries produced by toolchains built with the stock 2.6 kernel headers. So it's possible that the sanitized 2.6 kernel headers are suitable for all 2.4 and 2.6 systems (modulo the occasional problems on embedded platforms, but the sanitized kernel header maintainer seems to fix those quickly once they're brought to his attention).

I haven't tried 'em yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

- Dan