Re: building for mips target glibc-headers target

Try the recent 'sanitized headers' patch, attached to
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2005-04/msg00066.html
That should get rid of the install-headers problem.
(I haven't tried it myself yet.)

- Dan
I have looked at this and see these is a linux-2.6.11.2.tar.bz2 file which i can download but i am trying 2.6.11.6 as was the person who started the sanitized patch thread.

Should there be any problems I would expect there to be some. Will i need to create my own patch tree for 2.6.11.6?

The linux-libc-headers version numbering scheme does not correspond 1-to-1 with the kernel version numbering. FAFAIK, the 2.6.x.y releases are incremental bugfixes based on the kernel headers as they were in 2.6.x - in this case, 2.6.11.1 - the linux-libc-headers has been using this notation from the start (were using it before the kernel numbering scheme was changed). I can see how this leads to a lot of confusion now the kernel has changed its numbering...

That said, there are two things to note:
- Your kernel headers do not need to correspond to the kernel version you intend to use (though I would advise to use recent kernel headers)
- I don't think the headers differ much between kernels 2.6.11.1 and 2.6.11.7 - and if they do, it will not concern ABI changes

Arno