Re: arm/iwmmxt VFP errors during linking

Nick Nuziale wrote:
Also, another problem with the linking that I am having is that the standard C++ library needed by libappbase-xscale-r.so is "libstdc++.so.5" whereas the one built from the cross compiler I built is a different version (so.6 I believe) which results in some errors upon linking as shown below. I do not have the source for libappbase-xscale-r.so but I need to link with it, so essentially my standard C++ library needs to be the same as was used for libappbase-xscale-r.so. Is this just a matter of using the correct version of glibc when building my cross compiler

No. It's a matter of using the right version of gcc. libstdc++.so.5 is used with gcc-2.95.x, and libstdc++.so.6 is used with gcc-3.x.

In other words, you're screwed.  You have to go find a gcc-2.9x
toolchain if you really need to interoperate with
libappbase-xscale-r.so.  Alternately, you could convince
whoever gave you that shared library to recompile
with your toolchain.

- Dan