Re: crosstool status

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:

> > Plus I think it's worth getting away from the whole notion of
> > 0.28, which metamorphasized a bit too much during its many months
> > of existence.

> Maybe a good idea - "The version that didn't make the cut - formerly
> known as 0.28"

it's not like it makes a difference one way or the other but,
pedantically, calling it 0.28 *does* leapfrog *all* release
candidates, including the unofficial one you referred to earlier.

as long as all of the prior releases have been 0.28-rc<something>,
then, technically, there's never *been* an official 0.28 release.

(in fact, one could argue that, given that the numerous releases
labelled "0.28-rc???" have essentially been advertising themselves as
release candidates for *0.28*, it would seem kind of odd to suddenly
release 0.29 instead.)

anyway, makes no difference to me, but i just couldn't resist taking a
whack at what i considered bogus rationale.

rday