Re: Script for NPTL enabled cross-compiler targetting PowerPC

Stephen Warren wrote:
I've managed to cobble together a script that'll build me a
cross-compiler from x86 Linux to PowerPC Linux. I've tested simple
pthreads test apps on an MPC5200 target, by copying my new libs and an
app over the top of a MontaVista 3.1 root fs (yes, surprisingly, this
does just about work enough for a quick and dirty test!)

Last time I tried this with crosstool, I got problems I couldn't solve,
but the information on the new websites I found got me going. Perhaps
this is just due to my trying a different combination of gcc/glibc
versions - who knows! I haven't yet had time to look at crosstool, and
its NPTL patch, and see what the differences are yet.

Anyway, I thought I'd share it in case somebody found it useful. I'm
guessing the technique will work for other targets too. Information
sources are mentioned in the attached .txt file.

Thanks! I'm sure it'll be helpful. - Dan