Re: Cross tool chain with gcc-3.2.3 and glibc-2.2.3 for ppc-405

Oliver Eggers wrote:
Did anyone succeeded in building a cross compiling tool chain with 'gcc-3.2.3' and 'glibc 2.2.3' for a 'ppc-405' Linux?

'binutils' should be version 2.13.

Would a gcc-3.2.3 / glibc-2.2.5 configuration be ok? I have one in PTXdist (which uses crosstool to actually build it).

Crosstool works fine with gcc-3.2.3 and glibc-2.2.5. I already have a toolchain compiled. But I really need glibc-2.2.3, because the target hardware contains glibc-2.2.3 and I cannot change that.

By now I found a hint and a patch, which solve two problems while building. But I don't know how to apply the patch automatically by adding it to the patch directory.

I will investigate a little more today and will post again about the results.

I didn't put as much work into glibc-2.2.3 patches, so I'm sure you have a bit of work ahead of you, but it's quite doable, and I'll gladly accept your patches.

Much of the time, the patches just need to be extracted by
hand from glibc's cvs repository.  I tend to use cvsweb at
http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/
a lot when backporting fixes.
- Dan