Re: glibc 2.3.3 failing

Glenn West wrote:
I first use crosstool to create a gcc 3.4.2 armeb tool chain.
Copy it to /usr/local on my mandrake 10.1 system. The build of
gcc/glibc and kernel are ok. I copy the patched source from crosstool
into my snapgear distro, and edit the makefile so the configure for glibc
is correct compared to the original build.

Aw, that sounds like a bit of a hack. First, you shouldn't copy a toolchain to a new location; sure, it's supposed to work these days, but it's still a bit risky. Second, hacking the Makefile like that and expecting glibc to build again is more brain surgery that I'd want to attempt. Why do you need to run Make again, anyway? I guess your goal is to replace the system glibc on your snapgear distro? There ought to be a way to do it that doesn't require hacking the Makefile...