Re: Building toolchain with Cirrus Logic MaverickCrunch support

Am Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2005 01:35 schrieb Grant Likely:
> I noticed in the GCC 3.4 release notes that gcc now support the
> MaverickCrunch engine on the Cirrus Logic EP93XX ARM920T devices.  It
> also says that multilib support can be enabled for this part by
> editing "gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf".
>
> However, I understand that crosstool disables multilib so if I want to
> use the MaverickCrunch support in libgcc then I need to build a new
> crosstool target.
>
> I decided to use demo-arm9tdmi.sh and arm9tdmi.dat as a starting point
> for the EP9312 build so I copied them to demo-arm-ep9312.sh and
> arm-ep9312.dat.  (I've attached the patch)
>
> The toolchain compiled, and it appears to be building code with crunch
> instructions; could somebody please take a look at what I've done and
> let me know if I'm doing things right?

hi !

with this settings the Cirrus Logic MaverickCrunch support is enabled on build
crossgcc --with-cpu=ep9312 --enable-cxx-flags=-mcpu=ep9312
is this correct ?

i want to test it on a ep9315. what do i have to enable when building a
programm or is it then set direct from the compiler?

thanks regards manfred