Re: Building toolchain with Cirrus Logic MaverickCrunch support

Grant Likely wrote:
I noticed in the GCC 3.4 release notes that gcc now support the
MaverickCrunch engine on the Cirrus Logic EP93XX ARM920T devices.  It
also says that multilib support can be enabled for this part by
editing "gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf".

However, I understand that crosstool disables multilib so if I want to
use the MaverickCrunch support in libgcc then I need to build a new
crosstool target.

I decided to use demo-arm9tdmi.sh and arm9tdmi.dat as a starting point
for the EP9312 build so I copied them to demo-arm-ep9312.sh and
arm-ep9312.dat.  (I've attached the patch)

The toolchain compiled, and it appears to be building code with crunch
instructions; could somebody please take a look at what I've done and
let me know if I'm doing things right?

Looks reasonable to me (though you can delete the lines from demo-arm-ep9312.sh for gccs older than 3.4). Now the question is, do the programs it generates run on an ep9312 system? Anyone have one to test on? - Dan