Re: kernel config optional or not?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  the file "all.sh" claims that the KERNELCONFIG variable is optional,
yet the file "crosstool.sh" seems to suggest that, for certain
architectures, it's required:

# If this fails with an error like this:
# ...  linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
# then you need to set the KERNELCONFIG variable to point to a .config
file for this arch.
# The following architectures are known to need kernel .config: alpha,
arm, ia64, s390, sh, sparc

perhaps this should be clarified.

Yup. But not by me, probably. I'm not so clear on it myself. And the kernel headers situation is in flux anyway... see the recent discussion on lkml. - Dan