Re: glibc complains about missing -lgcc_eh for m68k-linux

Peter Barada wrote:
What I'm trying to do is to take crosstool for m68k-linux, and
duplicate its commands to allow me to use local sources that I have in
a CVS tree to build a toolchain.

Ah, you should be able to do that directly using crosstool.sh. getandpatch.sh is the only part that cares about tarballs.

Since I'm building toolchains as I
edit pieces, I'm using make to rebuild only the bits that need it
instead of using crosstool to rebuild the whole world.

What I do when in edit-compile-test cycles is to take the key bits of the crosstool log and turn them into a little shell script, which usually looks like PATH=... cd ... make ...

My reason for doing this is to put together a ColdFire v4e compiler
and a glibc ColdFire v4e add-on that allows for *dynamic* linking
using the SYSV ABI without breaking the m68k-linux target for both.
This will *definitely* take some time, so expect some more questions :)

Ah, glibc target addon, eh? I heard the glibc maintainers wanted to go this route for new ports, but hadn't seen one yet. Looking forward to seeing it.

When I get it near enough to working I'll be looking for some beta
testers who can help me out verifying it works for them, both on m68k
platforms as well as ColdFire.

What, people with actual hardware? :-)

- Dan