Re: Cross-compiling toolchain default location choice

ncrfgs wrote:
Sorry, I'm afraid that "problems" was misleading. It was just a matter of personal tastes. Since the beginning I was looking for something I could have easily wrote some CRUX Pgkfile scripts from.

From this point of view, after I gave a look at both crosstool and cross-lfs, I found myself more comfortable with cross-lfs. Less patches to apply (actually I hadn't to patch anything at all) and few, standard scripts to follow.

Less patches? The whole point of crosstool was to have only the bare minimum of patches, and to have just one simple script to run. Which patches are you objecting to? Which scripts are you objecting to?

Furthermore, the CRUX PPC regular toolchain building scripts have a lot in common with LFS so I kinda "felt at home". That's all. =)

That's fine. I expect that some day LFS will switch to crosstool, though :-)

I took /usr/${TARGET}/ as default location, I hope it will be ok.

Probably. - Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change