Re: cant get autoconf/automake to crosscompile

Robert Staven wrote:
I'm trying to use autoconf/automake to make a configure who will do cross compile.

My system is RedHat7.2, and I'm using a toolchain from Arcom for the Viper ARM devel kit.

I cant get my ./configure to use the arm-linux-gcc (and so on), it keeps using the gcc whatever I try to do.

Traditionally, one does this in one of two ways: a) ./configure --target arm-linux (which causes CC to default to arm-linux-gcc, I think) b) CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure (which sets CC directly)

Seldom does anyone hardcode CC or target into configure scripts;
the intent is to make things portable, so the builder can always
pick a different CC or target.
- Dan