Re: Gprof and segmentation fault with glibc2.3.2

Amy Smith wrote:
I am getting segmentation fault with
mcount@glibc-2.3.2 even when my program contains only
printf statement. I have sent this problem to
crossgcc. But no luck in getting back any reply.

Anyways- I have two partitions cramfs and jffs2. When
i execute ./hello on cramfs, it exits with message _mcleanup exits no permission, which makes sense
because cramfs is read only. So that means it executes
nicely till _mcleanup

But on jffs2, which is READ/WRITE the program just
keep running untill i press enter. Then it displays
Segmentation Fault.. no core file nothing.

Do you know if anybody has solved this problem? I have
seen many post stating same problem but no answer.

Although gprof certainly has had bugs; I even fixed one (http://www.kegel.com/gmon.patch) back in glibc-2.2.5 days. This was a pain to debug; I had to add little debug prints into glibc itself that wrote directly to fd 1. You can and should try the same thing; you'll have to rebuild glibc quite a bit, so get comfortable doing so -)

Another thing you might try is to a different arm target to compare with;
maybe someone has one you can use for free over the internet.
e.g.
http://www.handhelds.org/projects/devcluster.html

Please do not send me private email on these sort of questions.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com