Re: missing elf.h for mk_elfconfig.c while building zImage forPPC on Intel platform (windows XP) using cygwin

Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:
I have made changes in linux-2.6/scripts/kconfig/Makefile as advised and it
did fix menuconfig problem - thank you very much for being kind and patient
helping - much appreciated !

Now I am facing the next problem: missing elf.h (for mk_elfconfig.c) while
building zImage for PPC on Intel platform (windows XP) using cygwin.
scripts/mk_elfconfig.c:4:17: elf.h: No such file or directory

From where I could pick-up this include file ?

This has been discussed recently. Here's how I answered it the other day:

I now get this error:
/usr/src/linux-2.6.7/scripts/mk_elfconfig.c:4:17: elf.h: No such file or directory

The other thing you should try to do is figure out how
to properly search the web for answers to questions like that.
For instance, searching google for
elf.h cygwin crosstool
finds exactly two hits, and the second tells you where to get
elf.h.

In other words, download and install http://www.gnu.org/directory/libs/misc/libelf.html which will I think provide <gelf.h>; you can then make an elf.h that just does #include <gelf.h> and you should be good to go. (I haven't tried it myself.) - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com