Re: using precompiled glibc libs / new created include files / missing crt1.o

Feldmeier Bernd wrote:
Hi Dan,

Well after I got my toolchain working from scratch
I needed to build my toolchain with precompiled glibc libs.
So far no prob, but the target headers (/usr/include) were missing.
So I created them from scratch (compiling) for the right glibc version.
After integrating the libs/headers in my gcc I got this error when compiling
a simple test app:

crt1.o : not found -- ld stuck here

I can understand this, because my precompiled target libs have no crt1.o file.

How can I create my toolchain without wanting to use this file??

You can't, it's needed. (Look at its source to see what it does; it's part of the C library startup.)

You either need to use one you compiled, or one from
the same place as you got the target libraries.

I sometimes cheat and copy just libc.a from the target
on top of the crosstool-generated toolchain.
That works for me, maybe you could do that, too.
- Dan

PS: I also tested a toolchain withs.
glibc and glibc-devel rpms

this works, because the missing lib
is included.

So what is crt1.o or why is this file
not included in the target glibc on
my embedded system??
in this target system everything seems to work.

PS: toolchain(gcc-2.95.2/glibc-2.2.2)

CyA Bernd

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com