Re: internel error compiling X

Dan Kegel wrote:

This takes some patience but it's worth it, as the smaller the .i file,
the more likely a compiler developer will actually read it and fix the problem!
Sometimes it takes me hours to whittle them down, but I've gotten them as
small as four lines, and the problem really jumps out then. 100 lines is
also an ok size. 1000 is not quite as good.

I whittled it down to just over 700 lines, unfortunatly I could not get it any smaller as since its X11 there where many structs etc that where referenced in the functions. However I got it down to 2 functions and the bare minimum of typedef's struct's etc. Including removing code from the 2 functions.

Seems its a very complex bug however, since removinga for loop or a fprintf would often make the file compile.

thanks for the pointers, hopefully this gets worked out.

marc britten