Re: Error compiling kernel with crosscompiler (unistd.h:441)

The kernel fails with the following error when I try with crosstool:
/opt/linux-2.4.20-pelk-1.2.0/include/asm/unistd.h:439: error: asm-specifier for variable `__sc_4' conflicts with asm clobber list
The kernel-source is one I have got from the board-supplier...
See http://gcc.gnu.org/PR9379
It looks like you may need an update to your kernel source.
So, what you're saying is that you think that this has been fixed in a newer version? E.g. one from http://www.penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml...
That's my guess.  I wish I could put my finger on the patch that
fixed it, but I don't have that info handy.
Great - I'll try that first thing in the morning...

I guess I can remove that item, since using vanilla kernel sources works
well now, but I'm glad it was there!
"Vanilla kernel sources"?
"vanilla" is short for "plain vanilla".  Boring people order plain
vanilla ice cream instead of flavors like strawberry.  We use
vanilla to mean unpatched (or nearly so) sources from the
authoritative maintainer.
Ohhhh (o:

Thanks again,
 Martin