(Almost) Success story with crosstool for WRT54G

Hi list,

This mail to report that thanks to Dan's tips and to crosstool, I was
almost able to build a WRT54G firmware on a non-x86 platform.
I had to tune the demo-mips.sh script, and to create a .dat file
consistent with versions of binutils, glibc and gcc used by Linksys, and
once the toolchain was built, I was easily able to build uClibc and
every software piece needed for the firmware.
However, it looks like it isn't possible to build a firmware for the
moment since both methods to package it (without or with the root fs in
initrd) use a proprietary x86 binary tool from Linksys (trx or
addpattern depending on the method chosen). For those interested I have
already contacted Linksys on that subject, but haven't received any
answer yet.

Thanks for your help,

--
Alain Perry