Re: crosstools pxtdist problems

NGB wrote:
I'm trying to build a pxt distribution and I'm having a few problems.
I modified ptx.config for my system with:

PTXCONF_ARCH="arm"
PTXCONF_ARCH_USERSPACE="arm"
PTXCONF_ARM_PROC="armv"
PTXCONF_GNU_TARGET="arm-unknown-linux-gnu"
PTXCONF_PREFIX="/tmp/ptxdist-local"
PTXCONF_ROOT=""

I also changed demoptx.sh so it sets the proper variables before running.
For some strange reason when preparing busybox, pxtdist wants to build with an arm-linux-gcc compiler which doesn't exist.
I then looked at the .config file in the ptxdist-testing-20031113 dir and it's not a copy of my file.

I can't figure out where it's getting that configuraion file ?
Why is it overwriting my file ?

Note that ptx.sh runs scripts/settoolchain.sh. That sets all the variables you mentioned to match the values used by crosstool. If you're using demoptx.sh, you should edit the variables in demoptx.sh, and ptxdist's config will magically follow.

You can still edit ptx.conf for other stuff
(which packages are enabled, etc) or copy
in a .config from ptxdist after you've run its menuconfig.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com