Re: Cross compler for ppc succeeds on Linux, fails on Cygwin

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 20:50, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Don Parsons wrote:
> > Yes I am running cygwin-1.5.9-1 on Win2000 and do not have the cygwin
> > snapshot. I will try the snapshot maybe tomorrow night.

> > I try to find time to extract the C test program and see if it crashes,
> > if the latest cygwin snapshot fails to fix it.
>
> Good.  BTW it looks like the *shell script* is what crashed,
> not the test program.  Thus your test case should not be just
> the C program, but rather the configure script portion that
> creates and compiles the test program, I think.
> - Dan

OK, I just replaced cygwin1.dll with the May 7th one and ran. Rather
than 1 hour 20 minutes on Linux (1.1GHz Athlon) it took 3 hours 25
minutes under Cygwin on the same computer to complete the powerpc
cross-compiler successfully with no problems at all.  So my problem was
just a broken cygwin1.dll, i.e., the 1.5.9-1 version.

I glad Dan suggested the snapshot as I would not have thought of using
it.

Thanks,
Don