Re: crosstool patching, regression testing

Dan Kegel wrote:
Wouter van Heyst wrote:
I've done some regression testing, and done mkjail for a native setup,
but I haven't followed through with doing it for a cross environment.
Now that our board is running ok, I can set it up with more ease I
guess. Do you have any tips for regression testing a crosstoolchain, or
should the following three howtos get me going?

    http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstool-howto.html
    http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/chroot-login-howto.html
    http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/dejagnu-remote-howto.html

Those three howtos are all I have right now. I intend to improve them, but don't have time at the moment. See also demo-runtest.sh, which shows how to run a particular unit test (helpful if you're trying to iterate quickly while testing a fix). See also mkcommon.sh, which builds a bugfixed copy of expect (I'll move that bit into mkdejagnu.sh eventually); the bug it fixes causes occasional spurious test failures (about 0.1% of tests fail more or less repeatably without this fix).

Oh, one other thing: in contrib/testsetup, there are some scripts I use to set up test systems. See the README there. The scripts need some editing; they were specific to the sh4 system I was testing at the time. - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com