Re: arm-elf: backtrace functionality for arm-elf. (on cygwin)

Tarmo Pikaro wrote:
I'm searching backtrace functionality analogue to:

http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/linux-cluster/kernel/glibc-2.2.2/libc_33.html
Hi !

I rephrase my previous question a little bit.

I have found in gnude (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnude/)

some sort of unwind functionlity
in unwind.h header file. But it provides only one
function called _Unwind_Backtrace and web does have
much help on issue.

Looks like that function is part of libgcc, and was introduced as of gcc-3.3. So if you use gcc-3.3.2, say, it should be there for you. The only mention of it in the source tree are in the following four files:

./gcc/ChangeLog:        * unwind.inc (_Unwind_Backtrace): New function.
./gcc/ChangeLog:        * unwind.h (_Unwind_Backtrace): Declare it.
./gcc/ChangeLog:        * libgcc-std.ver (_Unwind_Backtrace): Export it.
./gcc/libgcc-std.ver:  _Unwind_Backtrace
./gcc/unwind.h:extern _Unwind_Reason_Code _Unwind_Backtrace (_Unwind_Trace_Fn, void *);
./gcc/unwind.inc:_Unwind_Backtrace(_Unwind_Trace_Fn trace, void * trace_argument)

Meanwhile in glibc there is backtrace function but I
guess it were removed from gnude package. My best
guess is that it weren't implemented while porting
glibc library to arm-elf compiler. (toolchain)

arm-elf does not use glibc; it uses newlib. Thus it might not have all the functions provided by glibc.

Is there a way to get backtrace support (e.g. using
_Unwind_Backtrace function)
or when backtrace functionlity will come to official
arm-elf build ?

I haven't played with it myself, but it kind of looks like you might be able to use libgcc's _Unwind_Backtrace on arm-elf with gcc-3.3.x.

- Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change