Re:     problem  while  building  arm vfp  softfloat  gcc

Wouter van Heyst wrote:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:49:35PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

<snip>

Attached is a patch from addsub@eyou.com that he says patches glibc and
makes printf("%f", 1.0) work again.   I haven't tested it, just wanted
to give Nico a chance to have a look at it.  Not sure if addsub wrote
this himself or whether it's suitable for glibc mainline (I've asked him).
- Dan

I may have missed a definitive conclusion, but addsub's patch lets
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/920501-8.c
pass succesfully, as well as some small test of my own. I don't know if
the deleting of sysdeps/arm/ieee754.h matters, but so far I haven't
noticed any detrimental effects.

So, what's the status of this fix?

Probably needs regression testing on a couple other arm processors with and without softfp to make sure it doesn't cause any grief. Did you test it *without* softfp? - Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change