Re: crosstool-0.27: added softfloat support for arm, lots of littlefixes

Kai Ruottu wrote:
 After all the soft-float discussion and Richard Earnshaw from ARM
telling that the Linux/ARM ABI approves only the hard-float, this
"soft float ABI" sounds somehow being 'unstandard'...

 What on eath is wrong with the Linux kernel and with the FPU-emu
for ARM in it?   With the PPC and MIPS FPU-emus ?  Is the x86's
'*87' emu the only working FPU-emu in Linux?

I guess nobody cares enough about the issue to fix it.

And frankly, I'm not too surprised.   Not too many people develop for
the embedded processors that suffer from this, and not enough of
*those* people care about floating point performance *and* give a
hoot about whether they're using a standard ABI.  When it's
so easy to just rebuild your entire toolchain to use soft-float,
and you're building all your apps from source anyway, who cares
if you can't run apps compiled for hard-float?
- Dan