Re: where do I get these lib/nof/* files?

David Wuertele wrote:
And now my build will finally progress past this point.
Doesn't anyone else have this problem?  Where the heck do I get the
lib/nof/* files?

Dan> You don't need those files unless you have a CPU that doesn't
Dan> support floating point (and even then, they might be somewhere
Dan> else; that path is right for how the ppc405 is set up).

My CPU has no floating point unit.  I looked around for nof/*, but
didn't find anything.  Any suggestions?

How 'bout figuring out where the 'nof' directory name comes from? I just had a look, and it's from the value of MULTILIB_DIRNAMES:

#!/bin/sh
set -ex
tar -xzvf gcc-3.3.2.tar.gz
cd gcc-3.3.2
LANG=C
export LANG
find gcc/config -type f | xargs grep MULTILIB_DIRNAMES

Interestingly, on some cpu types, the directory is called soft-float
rather than nof.  It looks pretty arbitrary.

I think the nof directories are generated when you compile gcc
for certain cpu types with multilib turned on.  It could be that
they just won't exist if multilib is disabled.

In other words, stop worrying about the nof directories, and
instead spend time chasing lower hanging fruit.  When you build
a toolchain, does it build?  Can it then build good programs?
Can it build good kernels?  etc.

I gather you've been building gcc+uclibc toolchains for your
cpu for some time.  What you learned there about configuring
gcc probably applies here.

By the way, are you going to be programming a Roku, or do you
have some other device that uses that CPU?
- Dan