update: building arm9 cross using crosstool

Hi;

  I posted several times asking for help on this list regarding building a gcc
cross compiler toolchain on pc-linux host for an arm9 target.  Thanks to the
wonderful help I received on this list I was successful in building a
dynamically linked arm9 gcc cross compiler toolchain.

  I have a number of questions that remain.

  It looks like I need to understand the internals of gcc.  Where is a good
resource (URL) where I can obtain information about the internals of gcc
rather than the usage of gcc?  There seems to be a request to modify the
"spec" files to isolate where the gcc components are to be found (?).

  Is there a nice way to add gdb to the crosstool process?

  Looks like I need help from the gcc and gdb mailing lists as well...

  It would be nice if there were more documents/manuals/faqs available which
describe what I'm after rather than having to "wing" everything :-)

Thanks,
Ken