Re: PPC crosscompiler building using cygwin

Robert wrote:
has anyone managed to build a cross compiler for the powerpc (405) running
under cygwin environment and using glibc.
[I want to build a cross compiler for the IBM walnut powerpc board, running
kernel 2.4.2 and as far as I know glibc 2.2.3]
I tried several combinations, but I can't get it working.
Building binutils and the gcc-core are going fine, but building glibc give
me problems every time.
I manage to build one using newlib, but executables build with compiler will
not run on the target (segmentation fault, problems with the elf header)

newlib is for systems without linux. You really want glibc.

I tried this by hand or using scripts as crosstool by Dan Kegel.

When you build with crosstool, what errors do you see? A couple other people are interested in getting crosstool building on cygwin; you might want to discuss this on the crossgcc mailing list. - Dan