Re: OT: gcc warning: implicit declaration of function

Dan Kegel wrote:

This sounds kind of like http://gcc.gnu.org/PR8307
Does Pete's workaround there help?

OK, I had /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.3/include/stdlib.h, which looked stingy. I also had /usr/local/arm-elf/include/stdlib.h, which looked generous, and matched newlib's stdlib (I couldn't find anything matching the in-use stdlib, which is worrisome). So I deleted the in-use stdlib, so gcc would find the newlib-matching-stdlib (farther down the search path, I checked), and it compiles without any warnings. However, now I'm left with the worry that my toolchain is inconsistent or borked in some other way. And I still have the same warning, but between my own files. For example:

[dir]
main.c
foo.h
foo.c
[/dir]

[main.c]
#include foo.h
int main() {
  foo_func();
  return 0;
}
[/main.c]

[foo.h]
void foo_func();
[/foo.h]

[foo.c]
void foo_func() {;}
[/foo.c]

This will generate the same warning in main.c for foo_func. Am I being ignorant about how this modularity should be done? I always was more of an assembly programmer...

--
Bryce Schober
Design Engineer

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by digiposs.com]