Re: help for gcc

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 12:09:01PM -0000, dennis  jacob wrote:
> Hello Sir,
This is a discussion group/mailing list with many people on it - including
many ladies :)

>       I'm new to gcc.I want to link more than one elf objs to
> produce a big elf output file. What is the command line for that.
> Also how should I use my own linker script to replace the default
> one.After replacing it,how should I use the new one?Please specify
> the command line.
Though this is off-topic here, your answers are (most probably):
$ gcc -o big_elf_file_i_want one_elf_file another_elf_file
gcc will call the linker to do the real work.

As for the linker scripts: I don't think you should be messing with them if
you are really a newby, but the command-line options are:
$ gcc -Wl,T,script_file
or
$ ld -T script_file

HTH

rlc

--
"Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb.  "Necessity
is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the truth.