Re: Setting correct (cross) compiler for newlib?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 10:25:04AM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> My CrossGCC toolchain build just failed because newlib configure would
> pick up the wrong gcc. I'm guessing it's just a matter of doing
> CC=$TARGET-gcc ./configure, but notice that build-crossgcc.sh doesn't do
> it. Does it really work without it? How?
$ ./configure --target=$TARGET
should pick up the right one

> On a somewhat unrelated note, the method of 'mkdir build-newlib; cd
> build-newlib; ../newlib-<version>/configure' also fails for me. It seems
> like make gets a bit confused when not running on the source directory.
> In addition to this, it will complain about libgloss unless I run
> libgloss/configure "by hand".
That's odd.. (WFM, in fact)
What is the confusion, exactly (i.e.: what does configure say?)
And what does config.log say (don't attach - just look at it and see if you
find anything that points to the confusion you talked about: you can always
attach it later but config.log files tend to get big..)

rlc

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
		-- Winston Churchill