Re: crosstool-0.23: "all your base are belong to ptxdist"

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 02:34, Dan Kegel wrote:
> crosstool is a set of scripts for building and testing cross-compilers
> based on gcc/glibc/linux.
>
> A new release is ready, and can be downloaded from
>       http://kegel.com/crosstool
>
> That page now links to three success stories from crosstool
> users who have used crosstool to generate toolchains targeting
> the Zaurus 5600 PDA, the Linksys WRT545 Wireless Router, and
> the armv4b big endian ARM chip.  If you use crosstool to
> target a particular embedded system, please post a note about
> it, and I'll link to your note in the next release.
>
> Changelog:
> 0.23 9 Sept 2003 "all your base are belong to ptxdist"
>       Added gcc-3.4-20030903-glibc2.3.2.dat, gcc3.3.1-glibc2.2.5.dat
>       --builduserspace: updated to a new ptxdist snapshot, added libnet,
libpcap, and ncurses

--builduserspace? Shouldn't this be --builduserland?  Your webpage also
says builduserspace as oppose to userland.  All the same, I've found
your scripts immensely useful.  I would have never been able to migrate
from gcc 2.95 to 3.3.1 without them.  Thanks.
Hopefully, with the inclusion of ptxdist I'll be able to figure out how
to get openssh crosscompiled.  I think I've been 90% there following
instructions from Karim's book but maybe now I'll figure out the last
10%  (btw its otherwise a great book).  Why do I need openssh?  So that
I stand a fighting chance of crosscompiling perl.
Why Perl?  So that autoconf/automake works on my target and I can
finally be rid of circular dependencies that seem to be plaguing me at
the moment.

Feel free to keep up the good work,

Al

P.S.  I apologise for the annoying disclaimer that follows.  I'm a nice
guy really. :)

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify Thales Underwater Systems on +44 1963
370 551. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or