Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:56:20 -0700
From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: GCC Release Status (2003-08-22)

GCC 3.3.2 =========

GCC 3.3.2 is tentatively scheduled for October 1, 2003, which is 38
days away.

There are presently 101 bugs scheduled for GCC 3.3.2, up from 98 when
I last sent out a status report.  (Shamefully, that's been a while.)

Frankly, I can't imagine that we'll be fixing all of these; I expect
to push back many of these to GCC 3.4.

27 of the failures are C++ bugs, which does mean that C++ is still a
weak spot.  However, most of those failures look minor.  So, I think
that other parts of the compiler are actually a bigger issue.

There are a bunch of platform-specific issues.  There seem to be ICE
issues on SH, PowerPC, ARM, and x86 with various pieces of assembly
code.

GCC 3.4
=======

GCC 3.4 is in Stage 2.  GCC 3.4 will enter Stage 3 (bugfixes only) on
October 15th.

There are 331 regressions targeted for GCC 3.4 (up from 297).  Of
those 92 (down from 94) are C++ PRs.

Please do not mark a PR as targeted for GCC 3.4 unless either:

- It is assigned to someone, or

- It is a regression.

I would like to use the target release field to get a good overview of
the status.  There is no reason to hold up the release for
non-regressions that nobody is even trying to fix.  I hope our
volunteers will go through and remove the target fild from some of
these PRs; I will do so myself as well as we get closer to the
release.

Previous Status Report

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-08/msg00071.html

--