Re: Avoid running ./configure every time?

>My problem is that step (2) takes a significant amount of time. My project is
>split into several sub-projects, each with its own build system. That means
>that I have to run "./configure" for each sub-project and then re-build
>everything. I was wondering:
>
>Is there a way I can have two sets of Makefiles prepared, by running
>"./configure" with different options twice (once for the native version and
>once for the cross-compile version) and to switch between then quickly?

Why not use seperate source an two object directories.  That way you could
have two object directories configured with different options, and then
just 'make' (as long as you haven't changed anything that requires a
reconfigure).

--
Peter Barada                             Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                   781-852-2768 (direct)