From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak [mailto:blytkerchan@users.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 2:13 AM
To: Jose Cornado
Cc: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Cross Compiler linux->Win32

As MinGW is basically a gcc port for Windows, I don't quite see the point in
trying not to use MinGW for a cross-compiler to Windows - I mean, that's
what
MinGW basically is..?

Remember that using MinGW doesn't "taint" your program with anything
GNUish -
i.e. unlike Cygwin, you use MSVCRT (the Microsoft C runtime) whemn you use
MinGW. The only difference is in the headers and the import library - which
are
free implementations of the MSDN-documented Microsoft equivalents - unless
of
course you use C++ in which case you have the std C++ lib (& STL) as well..
(as well as the usual name mangling incompatibilities between C++
compilers).

HTH

rlc

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:05:23AM -0700, Jose Cornado wrote:
> Thanks a lot!!
>
> I just downloaded it. I am trying to stick to the winnt/win32 config,
> without cygwin or mingw, from what I read this should be possible. I will
go
> over the script to see what I am missing.

Immortality consists largely of boredom.
		-- Zefrem Cochrane, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8