host=i686-pc-linux-gnu target=i386-pc-mingw32,i386-pc-msdosdjgpp

Lately, I have been trying to make a few cross compile toolchains up,
[from a Linux From Scratch (modified CVS version)], more for the sake of
learning how they work.

I have been trying to find more information pertaining to more current
versions of gnu tools, (other then scripts).  but I have not found much.
[including the archive of this list, djgpp mailing list, and gcc mailing
list].  (some treasures, but not enough).  The FAQ for this ml, and
delorie's howto and libsdl's cross compiling hint are the sum of my
knowledge.

i386-pc-mingw32, I have almost got completely figured out.  [precompiled
mingw-runtime, and w32api in /usr/i386-pc-mingw32/, then binutils and
gcc.].  I tried recompiling the header files from source.  (W32api worked
nicely, but I am still fooling around with mingw-runtime.  [and cant find
any reference to compling it (seems to want w32api directory beside it
though)].  (I guess the binary /include and /lib work ok.  it just doesnt
feel the same though)

Following this, I decided to try a i386-pc-msdosdjgpp, but ran into some
more problems.  (I found some references to others having these, but not
entirely clear on the solutions).  [gcc fails, cant find MAX_PATH
(location of limits.h I think was the fix)], and once that was out of the
way, libstdc++ failed (never figured that one out, so I guess I cant
compile to dos)].

Anyway, I was curious if there was more updated information out there on
compiling cross compilers.