Undefined symbol problem

Greetings,

I am using crosstool 0.10 to build a linux/arm linux
cross compilation environment, but my dynamically
linked executables fail to run on the target due to
undefined symbols such as 'register_frame_info'.

I understand that the cause of this is that the glibc
I built is inserting references to c++ exception
handling routines in my c code, but that the glibc
running on my target wasn't built with those symbols
defined.

Now for what is no doubt a blazingly newbie question:
how can I build a glibc that doesn't insert those
references? What am I doing wrong? Adding a -f
no-exceptions doesn't seem to cure the problem.

I am using gcc 3.2.3 and glibc 2.2.5.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-I