alpha-dec-osf

Hi all,

I really need a compiler to target alpha-dec-osf so I can compile for simplescalar's alpha variety. I've got a PC running redhat at the moment.

I've had a little success compiling binutils-2.11 (I had to change the configure script to all me to compile as and ld) and have got a little way compiling gcc-3.2.2 using hints and things picked up from this list and the rest of the web, but I haven't got too far. Ld doesn't like my libraries from an osf distribution and gcc won't compile all the way without them. Glibc doesn't seem to want to compile at all.

Could someone tell me the state of play with this target? Does anybody know of a combination of binutils / gcc / glibc that will compile and work for it (even if it's very old)? Or am I, as I suspect, flogging a dead horse and my efforts would be better spent elsewhere?

Any help / advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Tim

--
Timothy Jones
t dot m dot jones at sms dot ed dot ac dot uk