cross powerpc-linux toolchain (gcc-3.2.2, binutils-2.13.2.1, glibc-2.3.2, linux-2.4.20)

Attached is a very ugly script building a cross gcc-3.2.2/glibc-2.3.2 for
powerpc-linux from an x86 host. The implementation is based on Dan Kegel's
xgcc3 script for gcc-3.0.4.

gcc as well as glibc are partly built several times in order to provide
information enough for building the complete compiler in the end. The
complete process takes 90 minutes on my P4-2.4G/1G machine.

Still to be solved is only one strange problem regarding long doubles in the
glibc configure script. It determines the availability of the type but it can
not determine the size of it. For the time being, this problem is "solved" by
patching a bug into the configure test program, so that long double support
is not built.

I'm sorry for providing the script in such a terrible state; it leaves a whole
lot of opportunities for clean-up.

--
Ch

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com