Re: Cygwin Hosted Linux (x86) targetted cross compiler problem

babu wrote:
2. next, we are trying to compile glibc on cygwin host for Linux Target.
   we are getting the error "cygwin-host" does not support glibc.

Sounds like you're giving the wrong parameters to glibc's configure.

FWIW, here's how we build glibc2.2.4 (this is a fragment, and won't
work directly, but should give you the idea).  It's a bit sh4
specific (hence the -ml -m4 and the like), adjust to suit your architecture:

BUILDDIR_CROSS=sh4-glibc-$GVER-cross
rm -rf $BUILDDIR_CROSS
mkdir $BUILDDIR_CROSS
cd $BUILDDIR_CROSS
cp $GLIBC_SUPPORT/configparms ./
CC="${CROSSTOOL_PREFIX}gcc -ml -m4" ../glibc-$GVER/configure \
    --host=sh4-linux \
    --build=`arch`-linux \
    --disable-debug \
    --disable-profile \
    --with-headers=$KERNEL_DIR/include \
    --prefix=$CROSS_PATH \
    --enable-add-ons
make

where configparams contains

CFLAGS := -ml -m4 -O $(CFLAGS)
ASFLAGS-.o := -ml
LDFLAGS-relocatable := -ml
crts-predefined=yes
build-programs=no
IXIA_CROSS_TOOL := /path/to/crossgcc
CC=$(IXIA_CROSS_TOOL)gcc -ml -m4
RANLIB=$(IXIA_CROSS_TOOL)ranlib
AS=$(IXIA_CROSS_TOOL)gcc -ml
LD=$(IXIA_CROSS_TOOL)ld -ml
AR=$(IXIA_CROSS_TOOL)ar
BUILD_CC=gcc

Any comments on this.

3. finally, when we build gcc full, we are finding that stdlib.h and unistd.h
are missing when making libgcc2.a. ? I think this must be related to step2.

4. Is it possible to move the library from Linux Platform to cygwin host and
   configure ? any hints would be help.

-- Dan Kegel http://www.kegel.com http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045