Linux hosted compiler for IRIX 6.5?

Is it possible to build a Linux hosted cross compiler for IRIX 6.5?
http://freeware.sgi.com/Installable/gcc-3.2.1.html says that GNU binutils
doesn't support "the new SGI ABIs", which I assume is N32 and N64. I think
I want to use the N32 ABI. But, when looking at the binutils source code,
it looks like it can handle N32 these days. I hand-patched
binutils configure.in to:

  mips*-*-irix6*)
    # The GNU assembler does not support IRIX 6.
    # Linking libjava exceeds command-line length limits on at least
    # IRIX 6.2, but not on IRIX 6.5.
    # Also, boehm-gc won't build on IRIX 6.5, according to Jeffrey Oldham
    # <oldham at codesourcery dot com>
    #noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gas gprof target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
    ;;

It seems to work, but I haven't been able to build GCC yet. I'm copying
header files and libraries from a running IRIX 6.5 system. Is this the
best way to do it? Is it possible to use glibc instead?

--
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio Systems               E-mail: peter at cendio dot se

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com