RE: MC68360 RESET INSTRUCTION - OFF TOPIC .... A LITTLE

Buddy Lott worte:

> The problem being, that I am trying to catch the watch dog, record the
> program counter, and then reset the card.

Well ...
Try to do the following:
Have the board beeing reset by a logical OR of /HRESET and /SRESET. Have the
powert-on reset of the processor come from /HRESET.
The board will be reset by the RESET command of the processor (as this will
activate /SRESET)
I'm not sure if catching the reset-exception works the way you want it to.
You could use the SWT (internal software watchdog) of the MC68360 and let it
generate a level 7 (NMI) interrupt.
After saving the state and the PC (for later examination) you could issue a
reset command (to reset the board) and than branch to the address stored at
physical address 4 (the address of your start-up code)

... * IRQ code
reset
movea.l	$4,a0
* movea.l	$4,a7		to get the start-up stackpointer - if needed
jmp		(a0)

Hope that this could help you

Uwe