RE: Problems with glibc patch #2 at http://kegel.com/xgcc3

Wolfgang Schmieder wrote:

>first of all I want to thank Dan Kegel for his script and patches at
>http://kegel.com/xgcc3. With his help I was able to build a crossgcc
>toolchain for ppc860 with the following additional patch from Peter
>Barada:

Thanks for posting that extra patch.  Wonder why I didn't need it...

>The only thing which I don't understand is, that I must  not  run
>Dan's glibc patch #2. Otherwise configure exits with the following
>error:

>./build-xgcc3-ppc.sh: compile glibc
>make -r PARALLELMFLAGS="" CVSOPTS="" -C ../glibc-2.2.5 objdir=`pwd` all
>make[1]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis »/home/wschmied/gcc/glibc-2.2.5«
>configure.in:151: warning: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS: you should use literals
>configure.in:584: error: AC_REQUIRE: cannot be used outside of an
m4_defun'd macro
>configure.in:584: AC_CHECK_TOOL_PREFIX is required by...
>configure.in:584: the top level

You may have to tar up all your scripts, put them on a web page,
and post the URL... looks like you've modified them a bit.

But I think because the patch modifies configure.in, something
somewhere must be running autoconf, so maybe you have the
wrong version of autoconf?  The gnu tools are very picky,
you need 2.13, I suspect, and nothing later.   Which version(s)
do you have installed?

- Dan