debugger output on arm-elf target

van belle Jan.Van_Belle@alcatel.be
Mon Apr 29 22:58:00 GMT 2002

	Hello all,

	I don't know if this is a common thing on all targets of the GNU
compiler... Anyway:

When I compile:

arm-elf-gcc -mthumb -mcpu=arm7tdmi -g3 -ggdb -o test.elf test.c

I can debug that application, step through assembler etc.
When I add -Ox (any optimisation (0..3)), I am only able to step over it
(a breakpoint at the start and the end of the routine, but no other
debugging info.

I compiled the arm-elf-gcc following the script on the site of William
A. Gatliff. What can I do to get debugging info even in the optimised
versions of my (for now: very dumb) program??

Kind regards,

Jan