Re: GNU/Cross Tools RPMs available

Joel,

I have been working on building gnu-cross tools for mcore-elf, but I don't
have an effective way to distribute them.  Our company web site isn't really
set up for this kind of thing, and I've had trouble getting the tools posted
there with the right filenames, without licensing restrictions, etc.

I see you have binutils and gdb for mcore-elf, but not an mcore-elf-gcc.  I
have written a build script that builds all the tools and runs the test
suite on the FSF's "plain vanilla" gcc source tree, and I have found that
gcc-3.0.4 has far fewer unexpected failures than gcc-3.2.1 for the mcore-elf
target (147 vs. 241).  In contrast, the test results for powerpc-eabi are
something like 19 unexpected failures.  The test suite is run with the
simulator as a target.

Would it be possible for OARcorp to distribute a pre-built gcc-3.0.4 for
mcore-elf, or are you committed to only distributing the latest versions?
It would be a real help to have a web site where people could get free mcore
tools, but I don't really want to distribute an mcore-elf-gcc-3.2.1 if it
has problems.

On the other hand, is it better to work with the gcc-3.2.1 release to get it
fixed?  This seems (to me) a daunting task, but hopefully there will be help
available.

Thanks,

Brian LaPonsey
Motorola Semiconductor Products